10 Tips for Staying Healthy and Maintaining Your Vitality the Natural Way13 Feb 2012, by Health Information in
Health, Vitality done naturally
- Did you know that 30 minutes in an infared sauna can help detoxify the body, as well as help treat cancer, ADHD, muscular tension, joint pains, arthritis, chronic fatigue, and heavy metal detoxification?
- Most infant teething soothers, bath toys and dolls can contain polyvinyl chloride, or PVC, which both creates and contains phthalates used to soften the plastic. Phthalates contain hormone distributors which are linked to asthma and respiratory problems. These toxins can leach out of toys onto hands and into mouths of children. Find out more through the PVC and Safe Plastics Buying Guide at www.thegreenguide.com.
- Antibacterial products are the rage and are purported to have positive effects. However, did you know that the antibacterial ingredient triclosan has repeatedly shown to cause health and environmental problems, and is found in hundreds of everyday products, including deodorants, toothpastes, cosmetics, plastics, fabrics and nearly half of all commercials soaps? The main concern with triclosan is it can cause your body to build a resistance to antibiotics. I also produced dioxin, a highly carcinogenic endocrine-disrupting compound. To learn more about triclosan, go to
- Given the climate and the latitude we live in, it is safe to say that most of us are vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D is important for preventing cancer and treating depression. Did you know you can test your vitamin D levels using a simple finger prick method? To test your vitamin D levels, book an appointment with Gaia Health Care at https://gaiahealthcare.com/book-an-appointment/.
- Menopause, fertility and virility issues can be easily resolved by detecting disruptions in hormone levels by testing the saliva or urine. Treatments can be specified to help balance your hormone levels, as well as using naturopathic and botanical remedies to alleviate menopausal symptoms. To learn more, book and appointment with Gaia Health Care at https://gaiahealthcare.com/book-an-appointment/
- When flu season is upon us, one of the greatest home remedies is the wet sock procedure
WET SOCK TREATMENT
USER FOR: fatigue, colds, stress, chilled, headaches, etc. EQUIPMENT NEEDED: 1 Bathtub (or large basin) 1 pair of wool socks 1 pair of cotton socks 1 pair of feet (yours) 1 Blanket to wrap yourself in if you are chilled.Perform this technique just before you are to go to bed at night: Soak your feet in hot water for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, dry feet off very well. Take the COTTON socks and wet them thoroughly in cold water and wring them out until damp– not dripping wet. PUT ON the DAMP socks. Place the other pair of dry WOOL socks OVER the wet socks. Go to bed and do not take off the socks. Sleep with them on all night.You will awake and the socks will be dry. Repeat this three nights in a row. Since the feet are very vascular and sweaty organs, this procedure stimulates the circulation in them to open up and “pull” the impurities out of your system down into the socks.
- Get a Natural Flu Shot: Scientific evidence confirms 41% more protection with the use of Engystol and Gripp-Heel, two natural and safe remedies for preventing colds and flu. These medicines are available in an oral liquid form for children, and as an injection for people 12 year of age and older.
- Food allergies plague more and more people every year. Eliminating food sensitivities can increase your quality of life and diminish key symptoms, including skin disorders, fatigue, gastrointestinal symptoms, and weight gain. Interested in learning more? Book and appointment to learn about the Alcat test, a simple blood test that helps to distinguish between food allergies and sensitivities. https://gaiahealthcare.com/book-an-appointment/
- Ever try figuring out what cosmetics are free of toxins, parabens, phthalates and other hormones? It’s not easy. You can check the safety rating of your and your daughter’s cosmetics at www.cosmeticsdatabase.com, and www.ewg.org.
Ah sleep… something we all seem to struggle with at some time or other. Statistics show that sleep disturbances and deprivation is one of the highest health concerns of our stress out society. If you are suffering from a lack of sleep, book and appointment at https://gaiahealthcare.com/book-an-appointment/ to learn more about the sleep-stress link. Testing your cortisol/melatonin ratio can provide insights into why your so tired. Naturopathic remedies can help you deal with stress and diminish sleep disturbances.