Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking: 4 hours
4 hours 30 mins
2-person tajin (Moroccan clay pot),
Regular heavy-bottom pot
• 2 tbsp clarified butter
• ½ yellow onion sliced in half sections
• 1 sweet potato, cut up in ½ inch medallions.
• Chicken, rabbit or cornish hen (4 pieces)
• 2 tsp sea salt
• 2 tsp Ras El Hanout (Moroccan spice mix)
• 2 small zucchinis, cut lengthwise into quarters
• 2 carrots, cut lengthwise in half (thin carrot) or in quarters (if it’s large)
• ½ preserved lemon, cut into ½ inch chunks
• 20 pitted olives, green or black
1. Melt the butter in the tajin or pot.
2. Place onions and sweet potato in your tajin or pot.
3. Rub the chicken with salt and Ras al Hanout then place it on top of the onions.
4. Place carrots and zucchinis over the chicken, your vegetables should cover the chicken (as if building a tent)
5. Sprinkle olives and preserved lemon throughout the dish.
6. Cover and cook at low temperature for 3-4 hours. Slower means better. Using the slow cooker? Then let it cook 8 hours.